Leadership is important in all aspects of society as well as in church community life. Do you believe it is not just for a special chosen elite? If so, what makes for a man or woman or young person being a good leader?
Growing Leaders exists to help those already in leadership roles or interested in leadership to explore and find out more about leading within a Christian world view framework.
Linking in with ICL’s mission statement, the purpose includes:
- Exploring how any leadership roles/development we presently have or begin to move into, can be to His honour as part of a lifestyle of worship.
- Growing in our understanding and exercising of leadership, flowing from who we are in Christ.
- Being more empowered and equipped to servein our homes, at our work/study places, in society as well as in our church setting.
- Establishing Identity – who we are in Christ and living in a cycle of grace
- Developing Character – including about emotionally healthy spirituality and Christian disciplines
- Focus, vision and mission
- Developing others
- Handling conflict and criticism
- Serving together – the opportunities and challenges of being team.
- Embracing cost and staying fresh
Proposed dates – Monday evenings: 16th January, 13th February, 13th March, 10th April, 8th May, 12th June and 3rd July.
Different members of the leadership team at ICL will head up the sessions. There is a course book and some photocopying that we ask for a voluntary contribution towards (though we do not want money to be a block to anyone taking part).
Where possible we try and link everyone taking part with a mentor that they can chat things over with (some participants chat with someone via Skype – whatever works best for someone).
If you would like to know more, please contact Andy via email@example.com